re you interested in volunteering or learning more about Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women & Children?
Volunteers are essential to the success of Good Shepherd Center and help us improve the lives of homeless women and children in our community. We would love to have you join our team as a volunteer. Prior to volunteering we strongly recommend that you participate in a tour of our facilities.
Tours are offered the second Saturday of the month from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. NOTE: There will be no tour in December.
Those that attend the Volunteer Information and Orientation portion will:
- Learn more about Good Shepherd Centers’ programs
- Be provided with a list of current volunteer opportunities and a job description
- Have an opportunity to fill out a volunteer application
If you would like to participate in the tour or attend the Volunteer Information and Orientation, please contact Annemarie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Volunteers:
- Fill out a volunteer application
- Pass a background check (you must be live scan fingerprinted at one of our Live Scan Centers).
- TB clearance (must be current-within one year)
- Interview by a staff member/s
- Join our Outreach Team
- Join our Auxiliary Board
- Assist in our Family Services Program
- Prepare (or cater) a meal and serve to residents at one of our shelters
- Facilitate a life skills workshop (i.e. housing, finances, employment related)
- Organize our donation room. You must be able to work independently with little supervision. Hours are flexible but must be weekdays, during regular business hours. Great organizational abilities a plus!
- Facilitate a drive (food, toiletries, beauty products). Ask about our incentive program
- Volunteer opportunities change periodically depending on our needs at the time. We welcome your ideas
Please continue to look on our website for our most needed items and for most current volunteer opportunities, as needs for special events and other activities may be available throughout the year.