Good shepherd Center serves about 1,000 women and children each year, beginning with the Emergency Outreach van that reaches out to the women living on the streets and encourages them to find shelter with Good Shepherd Center. Each night we provide shelter for up to 93 women and 40 children in one of our four residences.
Once a homeless woman moves into a Good Shepherd Center home, she agrees to move forward with her life and to leave homelessness behind by focusing on obtaining a living wage job and finding permanent housing. Help is with her every step of the way.
Of the women who take full advantage of all the services provided by Good Shepherd Center and move out into full time employment and permanent housing – 63% still have a full-time job and housing six months later. The national average is 19%.
Our Impact at a Glance
- Total number of women housed each night: 93
- Total number of children housed each night: 40
- Total number women and children served each year: 700-1,000
- Meals served to women on the streets each year through Languille Mobile Outreach: 3,016
- Total meals served each year at Good Shepherd Center: 29,466
You can make a lasting impact on homeless women and children by making a contribution today.