ood Shepherd Center relies heavily on the generosity of others. Monetary donations are most appreciated, as they enable us to pay our bills as well as provide services to our residents.
In kind donations are appreciated as well. If your donation is used, we ask that they be in excellent condition as our mission is to serve the homeless community with “dignity and love”. Clothing must be freshly laundered and folded or brought in on hangers. We receive a vast amount of clothing donations so we may not be able to accept it year round. Please call in advance. Clothing should be in style with no tears or stains on it. When in doubt, please call to see if your donation is an item that we need. Here is a list of items we are most in need of:
For our Residents and Shelters:
- Towel sets (bath, hand and face cloth). Old towels are acceptable, as we can use them for cleaning rags
- Coffee maker (that will make 20-50 cups at a time)
- Shelving units – extra heavy duty plastic preferred
- Fans – free standing and window units
- Paper products – paper towels, trash bags, sandwich and storage baggies
- Toiletries – shampoo, body wash, lotion
- Undergarments – in all sizes – MUST be new
- New items that can be used for raffle prizes and bingo prizes for the women, teens, and children
- Food – contact our office for a list (213) 482-1834
- Office supplies (i. e. copy paper, legal pads, new pens and pencils)
For our Family Services:
- Electronics, headphones
- Gift cards (Uber, Lyft, movie tickets, grocery store, Target, etc.)
- New children’s or teen movies
- PS4 games, PS VR games
- Netflix monthly subscription
- Apple Music subscription
- School supplies (children need these year round)
For Move Out Packages:
We provide move out packages to women and families securing permanent housing and moving into their own apartment. This is a big accomplishment for them, therefore we wish for them to have new items to begin their new life. Items needed at this time are:
- Towel sets (bath, hand and face cloth)
- Sets of glasses
- Small appliances such as toaster ovens and microwaves
- Small kitchen items such as pot holders, dishcloths, sponges, spatulas and serving spoons
- Shower curtains
- Small rugs for bathroom or kitchen
- Gift cards in increments of $25.00 – i.e. Target, Ralphs or Vons, so our residents may purchase what they most need
For our Outreach and Drop-In Programs:
- Travel size and sample toiletries
- Coffee, sugar and non-dairy creamer
- Paper cups, plastic utensils, napkins, baggies
Good Shepherd Center has two major fundraising events a year; our Annual Gala in the spring and our Forget-Me-Not Luncheon in the fall. All proceeds from these events go to benefit the women and children that stay at GSC and those that receive services through our outreach services and drop in program. Auction donations are greatly appreciated. Some suggestions are:
- Restaurant gift certificates
- Sports tickets, luxury suites or memorabilia
- Tickets to California museums, attractions, events, and shows
- Hotel stays nationwide/Airplane tickets
- Luxury items
- Gadgets and electronics
- Bottles of wine
- Tickets to Movie Premieres
For items that are not on this list, please call us to be sure it is something we can use and to schedule a drop off time. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PROCESS FOR IN-KIND DONATION DELIVERIES:
Donations may be made Tuesday – Friday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm and delivered to: 1650 Rockwood Street, LA 90026. When making a delivery, be sure to ask for someone from Development to accept the donation. For more information or to schedule a donation delivery at a different time, please call (213) 482-1834.
There is parking in front of the building on Rockwood Street. If no parking is available, please let staff know that you are double parked and we will do our best to assist you. When bringing in your donation, we ask that you provide us with a list of your donated items. We will provide you with a thank you letter for your tax deductible donation.
Thank you for your support of Good Shepherd Center. Providing services with dignity and love is our motto and we could not accomplish that goal without your help.
If you have questions please contact Annemarie at email@example.com.